It’s exciting that you’re interested in becoming a Gone Beachin’ Treasure Hunter and you’re interested in discovering and hiding treasures at a beach near you! It works similarly to geocaching with requirements of hiding treasure within 6 miles (10km) of a beach. Follow the steps below so you can learn how to get started.
What is Gone Beachin’ Treasures?
Gone Beachin’ Treasures is a form of geocaching which is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the treasure hidden at that location.
How do I add treasure to the map?
Add your treasure by listing it here, but make sure to read the steps below before proceeding.
Step 1: Add the Listing Name: Gone Beachin’ Treasure
Step 2: Add your “Location”. You can click the geolocation icon to find your exact location, but you will need to add the exact coordinates in the description.
Step 3: Add your email to guide treasure hunters in the right direction and monitor your treasure listing.
Step 4: Select the region
Step 7: Add pictures of the area the item is hidden, but don’t spoil the surprise. You can do this by adding them to the “Gallery” section.
Step 8: Add the exact coordinates (Find My Coordinates) to the “Description” section so treasure hunters can find your treasure.
Step 9: Click submit and your treasure listing will appear on Gone Beachin’ Search! Check out a listing example here
How can I play as a treasure hunter?
- Register for a free membership.
- Visit the “Listings” page.
- Enter your postal code, select the “Treasures” category, and click “search.”
- Choose any Treasures from the list and click on its name to view the listing.
- Enter the coordinates that you find in the listing description in your GPS Device.
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden treasure.
- Sign the journal on the listing (reviews section) and return the treasure to its original location or add something new in of equal or greater value in it’s place.
- Share your treasure hunting stories and photos online.
How do I get the coordinates when adding a listing?
What are the rules?
- If you take something from the treasure spot, leave something of equal or greater value.
- Write about your find in the journal (reviews section).
- Log your experience at www.gonebeachinsearch.com.
What do I need to go treasure hunting?
The only necessities are your usual beach essentials, a GPS device or a GPS-enabled mobile phone so that you can navigate to the treasure.
Where can I find treasure?
Treasure can be found all over the world. It is common for treasure hunters to hide items in locations that are important to them. These locations can be found all over. Some places may include your local beach, at the end of a trail from a long shoreline hike, scuba diving to a destination underwater, the side of the boardwalk, or at the end of the pier.
You’re ready to start hunting and hiding treasure around the world! Have fun treasure hunting while you’re gone beachin’!